04 December 2011
09 March 2011
- Emotional eating. I think is not only me that have this problem. Many girls engage in this emotional eating; which is eating based on your feelings. I'm upset = I want to have sweets to "cheer me up". I'm bored = I want to chew something. I'm happy = I want to celebrate. Oh, the despair :(
- Social-pressure eating. For me, saying "No" to friends are difficult. So, if my friends ask me to go to eat in restaurant, I'll go and end up eating if everybody else is eating. The challenge really comes when the restaurant is a fast food restaurant!
- No time to exercise. I seem to have no time for exercise. Of course this is an excuse. I'm not a fan of sports, and I believe there are many girls like me who think exercise is very tiring! :O
07 March 2011
One important lesson that I could share with you is live your passion.
Discover your passion, pursue your passion, embrace your passion, and live it.
My passion was always into drawing, designing, and writing. The biggest mistake I've probably made is that I didn't pursue my passion, and for what reason? Because I didn't think I was good enough.
How stupid and naive I was. Passion is not about whether you're good or no good at it. It's because you are passionate about it, you'll become good at it. Doing things you are passionate about are fun. Working at job that have things you're passionate about is fun. You don't need to work a day any longer, you are basically having fun all the time!
So how to discover your passion?
1. Start with exploring your interests. What are your interests? What do you like to read about? What do you browse about when you go online? What are your hobbies?
It can be anything! May it be about make up, music, fashion, computers, gadgets, books, or you might like photography, reading, drawing, talking, cooking, shopping, travelling, anything really.
2. Be curious! Try activities you never try before. Start with something you have always been wanting to do. Maybe you have always wanted to learn material arts, join a chess club on your school, learn to play a saxophone, maybe join a local volunteer work community, or even some simple activities such as socializing with different group of people that have different interest than yours. Talk to people, ask their hobbies, and express your interest to get to know their hobbies and ask them to invite you for the next activities they want to participate.
3. Some people may find their passion easily, but some others may not. It really helps if you read articles or books about finding your passion. Don't be embarrassed to seek for help. Don't jeopardize your chance to live your life passionately just to get acceptance from other insignificant people in your life. It's your life, not theirs.
That's all I can give to you about finding your passion. I want to live my life to the fullest, and I also wish other people to live their best life. One way to live your life to the extend is by doing what you are passionate about. Trust me, it feels good to be passionate about something. Search your passion today. As for me, I'm starting today :)
- Arvilla Damasyani
26 April 2010
What feeling exactly? I meant the feeling of adrenaline rush, writing down jumbled ideas at one time, the frustration when we can not find the resources, working our brain off to find the correct sentences that bring impact in our work, staying awake at 4 in the morning still struggling with the assignment, and not to forget the oh-so-many temptations of copy pasting, google translating, taking a break, chatting with that guy/girl you have been flirting with, watching youtube, or even checking facebook.
I have a total of 6 assignments, 5 is due this April. In between, I got 2 class test and at least 5 presentation. Today, I will give you a tips and trick of how to do assignment -- last minute style!
When that first day your lecturer give you an assignment, listen to what your lecturer says. But you don't need to read that question paper -- after all, it looked easy when you glance at it. You can just read it at home. Not to mention the due date is like, a month.
When all the assignments have been given to you, you can start to do the assignment with the nearest due date. You understand the question, you found the topic....and you 're done for the day! Go celebrate with your friends!
You start to panic when all the assignments are piling up? No need to worry! You can start your assignment by now...BUT WAIT! you have this presentation tomorrow and quiz the day after tomorrow, maybe you need to concentrate on those two first. After that? You are to tired to do assignment.. let's just sleep first.
Tomorrow is your first assignment submission, of course you are panicked! You are awake all night to do assignment...but of course, before you do that, you need to check your facebook first..right? Oh, and you need to eat first also! Maybe can update that blog first, or watching that new youtube subcription... Your friends are all doing it anyway. 12 hours are enough to finish one assignment. Coffee is your friend!
Turns out, you can finish within 12 hours, with sleeping, facebooking and youtube-ing in between. Maybe you did submit 4 minutes late...7:04...turns out the submission due is 7:30. You're safe!! Sure you can't feel your legs from running from your working space to printing room to working space to printing room to binding place and back to your working space. But you are too happy to care-- anyway, you can finish that game you've been playing now or even gain back your beauty sleep, either way, your choice.
Repeat the cycle! You have proved that you can finish your assignment in 2 days time! Why do you need to do your assignment long time before submission? You can delay that, and do more important things right now. Like facebook-- hey, facebook is serious business, okay!
Congratulations!! You have succeed to do assignment last minute. Warning: last minute assignment can result in, but not limited to; frustration, stress, brain damage, lack of sleep, and panic.
But once you finish all your assignment, you will feel a great burden has been lifted from your shoulders...and once again: PARTY TIME!!
And so, that is, my friend: The beauty of doing assignment last minute!